Why is foster caring so important?
• The Hobart Cat Centre’s foster care program is an essential part of our work looking after our kitties.
• You don’t have to foster all the time – you let us know what suits you. Fostering even for a short time - a week or two - helps with our vital work of caring for our kitties.
• Foster carers volunteer to care for kitties in their own home until the cats are ready for adoption, at which point they are returned to the Hobart Cat Centre.
• Foster carers do an incredible job helping our kitties become confident and playful, or in some cases providing
the love and care they need to get back to health.
• You are never alone as we provide complete support and information. We also provide all veterinarian services.
• It is a great way to spend time with cats for people who aren’t able to make the long term commitment that adoption requires.
• Our foster carers talk of the joy and reward they find in caring for a cat and seeing them find their own forever home.
How can I help?
Fostering is a truly wonderful experience which is extremely rewarding for you and lifesaving for the cats or kittens you care for.
Fostering allows you to experience a huge range of emotions and have a lot of fun, whilst offering a nurturing environment for our cats or kittens.
Some of the reasons our kitties need foster care before they can be adopted are:
• Shy or timid
• Too young
The Hobart Cat Centre provides full support and everything you need to care for a cat or kitten in your home.
• food & bowls
• kitty litter & trays
• toys, blankets & beds
• 24 hour support
• medicines and vet care
• a loving environment
• care for our cats and kittens
What do I need to do?
Thank you for showing an interest in helping the Hobart Cat Centre to save the lives of cats and kittens by opening your hearts and home to fostering.
We constantly need foster carers for kitties, so don’t delay and register now!